Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapy Services
Professional Pediatric Health Care (PPHC) specializes in creating individualized patient focused treatment plans designed to meet the ever changing needs of our children and their families. The collaboration of multiple nursing and therapy disciplines partnered with parents has created the opportunity to reach amazing milestones and personal best lives over the past 37 years. Our mission of “Growing A World Around Our Children” drives us to continuously advocate for new services that offer children their best life now and in the future.
ABA Therapy At Home: Offered By PPHC Team
Now recognized as the most comprehensive and effective proven treatment for individuals with autism, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy is offered by the PPHC team of Board Certified Behavioral Analysts (BCBAs) and Registered Behavioral Technicians (RBTs). Adding behavioral treatment plans offers families another service in our patient centered care continuum. An ABA therapy team will come to your home to assess, create an individualized plan and work with your child.
PPHC will offer in home Applied Behavior Therapy for children with autism spectrum disorders, communication disorders, behavior concerns or other developmental disabilities. Our team will design individualized programs to address areas of socialization, communication, language, daily living, academic skills, behavior challenges, organizational skills, play and adaptive living skills that focus on a child’s abilities and the parent’s goals.
About ABA Therapy at Home
Studies have shown that ABA techniques are a method of choice for treating individuals on the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) as well as children with some or all of the following general indicators:
- Minimal or dysfunctional communications: verbal and nonverbal
- Little interest in peers the same age: prefers to play alone
- Little interest in age appropriate toys and play skills
- Atypical behavior: excessive hand flapping, spinning, humming
- Interest in an object vs. the function of that object: spinning the wheels of a toy car vs rolling it around the room
- Aggressive or self-injurious behavior
- Repetitive or abusive behaviors: opening and closing cabinet doors, lining up toys, playing with lights or doorknobs
- Difficulty with age appropriate self-help skills: such as dressing, toileting or bathing
- Attention and organizational problems with school tasks
- Difficulty with social interaction
- Difficulty with feeding, food aversions or a very limited diet
- Difficulty regulating activity level: under responsive or over responsive
- No reciprocal conversations: one-sided or single topic
- Frequent emotional outburst or “meltdowns” in behavior
If you would like to speak with our team to determine if our behavioral services with an ABA therapist are the best option for your child and your family, please contact us. We are an approved Colorado provider under the EPSDT program in Medicaid; as well as accept most insurance companies.
The PPHC Approach
Our approach is to create an individualized program for your child that is based on the most widely accepted and effective ABA therapy / autism treatment, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Our services include; but our not limited to:
- Development of Individualized Program
- Writing and Revising Behavior-analytic Treatment Plans
- Therapy with Registered Behavior Technician
- Supervision by Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Parent Education and Training
- Analyzing Data
- Ongoing Behavioral Consultation