Professional Pediatric Home Care (PPHC) is Colorado’s leading provider of pediatric home-based, private duty nursing (PDN) and therapy, established in 1979 to provide highly skilled pediatric nursing, occupational, physical, speech and applied behavior analysis therapy care for children in combination and coordination with other primary care and specialty care providers. The pediatric staff specializes in delivering comprehensive, collaborative, multi-disciplinary and family centered care for infants, children and adolescents with a variety of diagnoses and needs from acute nursing care to short-term therapies. PPHC is licensed by the State of Colorado, ACHC accredited and Medicare/Medicaid licensed.
Professional Pediatric Health Care is a niche business in an extremely unique market in that:
- We serve only the pediatric population.
- In a decision and model that is fairly unique in the home health industry, we do not provide any home health aide services or intermittent care; but instead provide nursing coverage in 8-12 hour shifts for up to 24/7 care.
- We are ACHC accredited and licensed by the State of Colorado.
- We are Medicare/Medicaid Certified and handle paperwork in-house.
- We have agreements with most insurance companies.
- We manage coordination of services with primary care and specialty care providers.
We are a home health agency but very atypical from other homecare agencies in that:
- Our children are actively involved in the community and not necessarily considered home bound. However, many are also very high risk/high acuity, e.g. tracheotomy/ventilator dependent patients, and have frequent illnesses and surgeries requiring specialized pediatric nursing and therapy services.
- We focus on the highly complex, long-term medical need population qualified for Private Duty Nursing (PDN) care. Meaning some of our primary diagnoses are conditions such as chromosomal anomalies, cerebral palsy and other lifelong diagnosis.
- We offer a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach of all required therapies and treatments to create the most successful outcome for our children.
- We provide a dedicated in-house family advocate and social worker.
- We enjoy an extremely low re-admittance rate for our nursing patients.
- We have a 98% Patient Satisfaction rating (% of Highly Satisfied and Satisfied).
At PPHC, we pride ourselves on delivering a comprehensive, collaborative, multi-disciplinary delivery of family centered care for infants, children and adolescents with a variety of diagnoses and needs from acute nursing care to short-term therapies. Additionally, we offer a vision of elevating pediatric patient care to ambitious new levels, attracting some of the finest personnel in the field and of positioning PPHC among the industry’s most respected organizations.